Reservations are now being accepted for Summer 2013.
To reserve the room, enter your request through the new Event Request Management System at least 3 working days before the desired date.
- Understand the use of the equipment prior to the event.
- Request audiovisual support, if needed,at the time of event booking, but no less than 3 business days prior to the event. If onsite support is needed for the entire event or if it is needed outside of normal University business hours, there may be a fee charged to cover expenses. Contact the IT Service desk at 706-864-1922, email@example.com, or go to the IT Service Desk, room 164 in the Library Technology Cener.
- Report malfunctioning equipment to the IT Help Desk at 706.864.1922, firstname.lastname@example.org, or room 164 in the Library Technology Center.
- Understand that food is not permitted anywhere in the library. Beverages, however, are permitted.
NOTE: This room is currently being used for videoconferencing and web-based instruction ONLY at the request of the Provost's office.
Conference Room 162 provides faculty, administrators, and staff with space in which to conduct video conference technology (VCT) based meetings and web-based instruction and training.
The room is available nights and weekends for use by student groups on a first-come first-served basis.
The room is not intended for:
|• Regularly scheduled classes||• Community use|
|• Use outside regular library hours||• Meetings not requiring Video Conference Technology|
Requests for Exceptions
Requests for exceptions to this policy should be directed to Acting Head Librarian, Barbara Petersohn: email@example.com.
Conference Room 162
- 12 seats at a conference table
- Conference telephone
- Smart Board
- Videoconferencing & teleconferencing capabilities